In the year 1969, the Akola Janata Commercial Co-op Bank Ltd was founded. Via its 34 branches & 4 extension counters, the bank represents the common citizens of Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh.
Akola Urban Bank Profile
- Name of Company: Akola Urban Bank
- Company Type: Public
- Industry of this company: Banking Financial Services
- Year Company was Founded: 1969
- Founder of this company: Hon. Shri Rameshwar Trambakrao Fundkar
- Headquarters: Akola, Maharashtra, India
- Main Leaders in this company: N/A
- Subsidiaries: N/A
The aim of setting up the bank was to address the needs of local citizens and to foster the goals/principles of cooperation. Some social workers came together with this aim, notably late Shri Shankarlalji Khandelwal, late Shri Narayanrao Gangavate, late Shri Vasudeorao Manbhekar, late Shri Naryanrao Tendulkar, late Shri Mangilalji Sharma, late Shri Jawaharlalji Lunkad, Shri Madhukarrao Pasarkar, late Shri Prabhakarrao Sontakke, late Shri Bhausaheb Godbole, and registered the bank on 19.4.1966 On the eve of Vijaydashmi on 28/09/1963, in a leased building in Akola, the operation of its first branch began.
The bank acquired its own premises, which were inaugurated by Shri Atalbihari Vajpayee, the then M.P. Uh, and Ex. India’s Prime Minister.
All Customer Care details of Akola Urban Bank
- Customer Care Number of Akola Urban Bank: +91 724 2453850 / 54
- Support Email Id of Akola Urban Bank: email@example.com
- Office Address of Akola Urban Bank: Jankalyan, 58-59, Toshniwal Layout, Near Milk Scheme, Murtizapur Road, Akola, Maharashtra, India, 444001
- Facebook Id of Akola Urban Bank (Can be Used for support): N/A
- Twitter Id of Akola Urban Bank: N/A
- Official Site of Akola Urban Bank: https://www.akolaurbanbank.com/
- Instagram Account of Akola Urban Bank: N/A
- Youtube Account of Akola Urban Bank: N/A
At the outset, the area of service of the bank was limited to the district of Akola only. On 05/02/1984, the Bank was authorized by RBI to carry on banking operations. Until 1990, the bank had only 8 branches in the district of Akola. The Bank opened 21 branches & one extension counter distributed across the entire state of Maharashtra following the government’s liberalization policy in 1991. On 22/05/1999, the Bank was given RBI Scheduled Status. The Bank agreed to extend its area of service beyond Maharashtra after acquiring schedule status and contacted the Central Registrar, New Delhi for Multistate status and on 31/08/2000 the Bank was granted multi-state status.
Since then, the Bank has made steady progress in crediting investors, workers, and well-wishers of our members. Small capital of Rs.1.13 lacs, which now stands at Rs.51.26 crores, started the bank. The bank is the largest in the area of Vidarbha, Marathwada & Khandesh in terms of business size. The bank has been consistently declaring earnings for the last 25 years. The Bank’s motto is “Sahkaren Jankalyanm” accounting, to which the Bank provides financial and non-financial assistance to different parts of society. In 2003, the Bank relocated its headquarters to a newly built four-story building, inaugurated by Shri Narendra Modi, Gujrat Chief Minister, and late Shri K. Sudarshanji, then RSS Sarsanghchalak.