It is important to ask good questions to a girl in order to get to know her.
Getting to know a girl can be challenging, whether you’re hanging out with a platonic friend, a new coworker, or on your first Tinder date. At the same time, it isn’t required. It all comes down to knowing what questions to ask.
Using these questions to get to know a girl is a fun and casual way to learn about her. After all, you don’t want to come on too quickly or too strong.
You might be surprised to learn that the two of you have a lot in common. Because, at the end of the day, you’re both people, even if you’re a guy and she’s a girl. You can learn from each other by answering these get-to-know-you questions.
Refreshing your knowledge of these questions to ask a girl is only half the battle. Prepare to answer her questions as well. Be self-assured, but don’t overdo it. Girls can smell a ruse a mile away. Be your charming, authentic self.
Use these talking points to get things started. These are questions to which both men and women can respond. They’re great openers because they’re entertaining, but they can also lead to more in-depth discussions.
Here are ways to start a conversation with a girl:
1. Do you prefer an Olympic medal, an Academy Award, or the Nobel Peace Prize?
This is a fun question that elicits information about what is truly important to her.
2. If you had to leave Earth on a spaceship with four people you know, who would you choose?
People you admire or admire say a lot about you as a person.
3. Would You Rather Visit Disney World Or New York City For Five Days?
Is she more interested in an enchanted adventure or the big city? This question can also spark further discussions about travel.
4. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
Simple, but delicious. Do you prefer mornings or evenings?
5. Tell me about your worst date ever.
We’ve all got horror stories. Listen to hers and hope she isn’t describing the current situation!
6. What would be your favorite view out your window if you could only have one for the rest of your life?
Hills that roll? What about outer space? Do you believe in double rainbows? Keep her response in mind and try to bring her somewhere with a similar point of view in the future.
7. What is the top item on your bucket list?
We all have dreams that we hope to realize one day. What about hers?
8. What Was Your Worst Job Ever?
This is an excellent conversation starter because it allows you both to share hilariously bad stories from your worst nightmare gigs.
9. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
This conversation sheds light on the types of places she enjoys visiting. Make a note of it and plan a date around it.
10. Where Would You Like To Travel Next?
Is there going to be an adventure? If not, perhaps you could suggest a location.
11. Have you visited any other countries or states?
Is she a jet setter or a road tripper?
12. Who is your favorite mythological God/Goddess?
Is it Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty, who she prefers? Or is she more of an Ares, the god of war, type?
13. What Would You Do On Your First Day of Rule Over The World?
What is her first priority as Earth’s new queen? This conversation may result in an in-depth discussion or in laughter.
14. How Would You Design Your Dream Home?
It is never too early to begin daydreaming. Whether it’s a European castle or a tree house, you’ll get a sense of her preferences.
15. What would you do to stay sane if you had to go a week without internet?
How would you waste hours of your life if the internet’s network of tubes collapsed?
16. If you could only live in one place for the rest of your life, would you choose a big city or a small town?
Is she content with the little things in life, or does she have big-city aspirations? There is no wrong answer, but her response reveals a lot about her future plans.
17. Would You Rather Lose All Your Old Memories Or Never Be Able To Create New Ones?
This is a difficult question that will help you understand whether she values her past experiences more than the ones she will have in the future.
18. Would You Want to Live Forever If You Could? Why?
Immortality has both advantages and disadvantages. Is it worthwhile?
19. Do You Prefer a World With Or Without Social Media?
Social media, like immortality, frequently has both advantages and disadvantages!
20. What Would You Buy First If You Won the Lottery Tomorrow?
The options are limitless. This conversation could go in any direction.
21. What is the first thing you do when you arrive in a new city?
Do you want to stay in a hotel? Where can I find the best restaurant? Do you want a stiff drink? What is her travel routine?
22. What’s your favorite dish to prepare?
We all need to eat, after all. She doesn’t have to be a professional chef to have a favorite recipe. If she inquires about yours, be truthful – she may request that you make it for her!
23. What Kinds of Books Do You Enjoy Reading?
A person’s taste in literature reveals a lot about their personality.
24. What is your favorite song/artist/band/genre of all time?
Music is a window into someone’s soul. Take note, and play those songs the next time the two of you hang out.
25. Which song would you pick as your theme song?
What song does she hear the moment she walks into a room?
26. Who would you choose if you had to spend 72 hours with someone?
Things are going extremely well if she says you.
27. What’s the cheesiest praise you’ve ever received from a guy?
Prepare an even cheesier one so you can top the list.
28. When was the last time you cried in front of other people?
Crying is a private experience. Her response will reveal details about issues that are very important to her.
29. What has recently motivated you?
It could be a person, a story, or her own accomplishment, but it will all say something about her.
30. What was the highlight of your week or weekend?
Is she looking forward to going to work, going out for drinks after work, or spending time alone on the weekends?
31. What is your favorite self-portrait photograph?
It’s most likely one with a personal story. After she shows you the photo, inquire about the story.
32. What is your favorite thing about your city or country?
33. What Is Your Perfect First Date?
If you’ve already taken her on your first date, make the next one whatever her response is.
34. What Is It Impossible For You To Forgive In A Relationship?
Whatever her response, make sure you don’t do it.
35. What Would You Do With 30 Minutes of Free Time?
As you get older, free time becomes more and more valuable. How does she unwind?
36. What are your thoughts on sharing social media passwords with your partner or friends?
37. What is the most recent thing you discovered?
38. In three words, describe yourself.
39. What do you believe happens to us after we die?
Nobody knows for certain, but we all have theories. This is a classic question that has been asked since the dawn of time.
40. Which of the five senses do you consider to be your strongest?
If she mentions smell, you’d better hope you remembered to apply deodorant.
41. What would you change about your life if you knew you’d live forever?
Don’t be surprised if she needs a few moments to consider this one. It’s not a question you hear very often.
42. What Do You Most Want From Life?
This is a direct and big question that will help you get to know her to the core.
43. What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger?
Wisdom develops with age. What valuable life lessons has she gained over the years?
What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger?
44. Which Animal Would Be the Rudest If They Could Talk?
Experiment with your saucy aardvark impression of her.
45. How Long Have You Ever Gone Without Taking A Shower? What did you smell like during that time?
If you’re looking for a strange question that will elicit a response, this is it.
46. Have You Ever Felt Self-Embarrassed In Public?
Allow her to tell the story while you enjoy watching her blush.
47. What are you most enthusiastic about right now?
48. What would you change about your future if you could go back five years?
This is a good question because it reveals how much she dwells on the past.
49. What is your biggest barrier in a relationship?
50. What was your most recent crazy adventure?
Do you want to know how much of an adrenaline junkie she is? Pose this query.
The more daring she is, the more direct your conversation can be and the faster you can escalate your relationship. On the other hand, if she is more conservative, you should proceed with caution.
51. What is your favorite season, and why?
52. What was the best thing about growing up where you did?
This is a great general question to use to gain her trust.
If she wants to have her own family someday, it may give you some insight into where she wants to raise it.
53. What would you do if you knew it was your last day on Earth?
This is an amusing question. You’ll learn what’s at the top of her bucket list.
Who knows, maybe you’re the guy who can make it happen for her.
54. What is it about yourself that you admire the most?
You must be careful with this one; you must time it correctly so that you do not put her on the spot.
This gives you a better understanding of her core values and how comfortable she is talking positively about herself. Because this is a vulnerable share, make sure you do the same for her.
55. What is your all-time favorite film?
Getting to know a woman’s interests is an important part of making a connection with her. And, let’s face it, almost everyone enjoys watching movies.
I like to throw this in as a lighter question to break up a serious topic that has run its course.
56. What do you feel most proud of?
The answer to this question will reveal the most significant event in her life to date. This is an excellent opportunity to discuss how you relate to it (if you can).
57. Do you have any hidden abilities?
The more you discover about her that others do not, the closer she will feel to you.
58. What is your most outlandish fantasy?
59. Is there anything you used to enjoy doing but have since abandoned?
I enjoy asking this question to people (not just girls) because it can rekindle someone’s interest or hobby that they may have forgotten about or let slip away.
Also, if she picks that thing up again, she’ll remember you every time.
60. How did you act like a child?
61. What is the most important thing in your life?
62. What do you consider to be the ideal date?
It’s all about donning your double agent hat in this one. Her response to this question can help you plan dates with her.
Don’t plan the exact date she mentions the next time you hang out because it’s far too obvious. But if she says a picnic in the park, you might want to keep skydiving in your back pocket for the time being.
63. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
64. Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world?
65. How do you believe your closest friends would characterize you?
66. What is your favorite aspect of this city?
67. What is your favorite thing to do when you’re by yourself?
68. What do you consider to be the ideal weekend?
69. What would you bring to a desert island if you could only bring one book, one piece of clothing, and one food item?
70. What is currently at the top of your bucket list?
71. Who would you invite to a dinner party if you could invite ANY three people from history, and why?
72. What is the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
73. What age do you believe a person should “grow up” and why?
74. What is the next place you’d like to visit?
75. What is something you’ve never done but have always wanted to?
76. What was your biggest blunder, and what did you learn from it?
77. Who has had the most impact on your life and decisions?
78. What inspires you the most?
79. What did you want to be when you “grew up” when you were a kid?
80. What one aspect of your personality would you change if you could?
81. What is something you frequently think about when you’re alone?
82. Do you want to have children someday?
83. What is the importance of family to you?
84. What is your most bad habit?
85. What type of parent do you aspire to be?
86. What city did you grow up in?
87. What did you study in college and why?
88. Where is your favorite place to get away?
89. What do you do to make yourself happy?
90. How do you prefer to be loved?
91. Who is the most familiar with you?
92. What qualities do you look for in a man?
93. What topic do you want to learn more about?
94. What makes you laugh the hardest?
95. What would you ask me if you could ask me anything?
96. What is your preferred type of food?
97. Do you prefer the morning or the evening?
98. What does it take for someone to become your best friend?
99. What kinds of movies and television shows do you enjoy?
100. How did you spend your day?
101. Who has had the most impact on your life?
102. What is one event in your life that has made you a better person?
103. Tell me about a time in your life when something happened to you that made you feel weak.
104. Where do you feel the most like yourself?
105. Where is your favorite place to go when you want to get away?
106. Who do you believe has had the most influence on who you are today?
107. In your family, who are you closest to? Why?
108. What is your favorite characteristic of your best friend?
109. Do you find it easy to accept compliments? Do you despise compliments?
110. What is your most admired physical feature about yourself?
111. What is your favorite non-physical characteristic of yourself?
112. Do you believe in the concept of love at first sight?
113. Do you believe in soulmates?
114. Do you take horoscopes seriously?
115. Have you ever experienced love? How many times have you done this?
116. What is it about someone that makes you fall in love with them?
117. What is one thing you’re afraid to ask a man but desperately want to?
118. If you were a man for a day, what would you do first?
119. What aspects of each sex do you find most appealing?
120. What is one topic about which you’d like to learn more?
121. If money were no object, what would your ideal job be?
122. What was the most recent thing that made you laugh?
123. What is your most cherished memory?
124. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you recently?
125. What is your most terrifying fear?
126. Do you have any regrets?
127. Have you ever violated the law? If you haven’t already, what is one law you’d like to break?
128. Would you strike up a conversation with a complete stranger?
129. If you could go back in time to any age or period of your life, what age or period would you choose?
130. What is one thing that distinguishes you from other people?
131. Do you have a favorite inspirational quote?
132. Do you like crossword puzzles or word searches better?
133. Do you believe in the concept of karma?
134. Do you prioritize your mind or your body?
135. Which profession do you admire the most?
136. Did your mother or father teach you more about life than your father?
137. What is the value of money to you?
138. Do you believe you could live in prison for the rest of your life?
139. Do you think you’re proud of yourself?
140. What is the most beautiful word in the English language, in your opinion?
141. Do you understand your love language?
142. Do you feel at ease in silence?
143. Do you have any nicknames in your family?
144. When was the last time you expressed your feelings for someone?
145. What do you photograph the most (food, your pet, yourself, etc.)?
146. What would you change your first name to if you could?
147. Who would you choose if you had to cut off all communication with one of your best friends for five years?
148. Who would you choose if you had to cut off all communication with one of your close family members for five years?
149. Would you wear the same outfit every day for the rest of your life if you were paid a million dollars to do so?
150. Which of the following would you choose if you could be a famous athlete, model, comedian, or serious actor?
151. If you had to live somewhere for the rest of your life, where would you go?
152. If you had to marry a celebrity of the opposite gender to the one you normally prefer, who would you choose?
153. Which celebrity do you want to meet and why?
154. Would you rather have a lifetime Netflix subscription or an unlimited Starbucks gift card?
155. What is the best aspect of being single?
156. Do you prefer to get up early or stay up late?
157. Should drugs be legalized?
158. What are your motivations for wanting to marry?
159. What is your favorite odor?
160. When you read the newspaper, what section do you go straight to?
161. What are the worst and best aspects of being a woman?
162. Would you date someone who has no books in their home?
163. How can you tell if you’re in love?
164. Do you have any addictions?
165. If you had to rename yourself, what would you call yourself?
166. Where is the very last place you would go?
167. What memory do you keep returning to?
168. What is your most unusual fear?
169. What is your favorite television program?
170. Tell me about the most ridiculous argument you’ve ever had.
171. What photographs or paintings have had a significant impact on you?
172. Who was the most influential random stranger in your life?
173. What accomplishment are you proud of but that most people would dismiss as silly or strange?
This question is an excellent way to learn more about who she is and what she finds interesting or fun. If the girl you’re talking to is your girlfriend, you might be able to use that information to create a game or competition that only you and she can play, or it could be useful for future gift ideas. Whatever she says in response to this question, you’ll most likely learn something new and interesting about her. Don’t forget to ask a lot of questions about the specifics.
174. When was the best time in history for fashion?
175. Who was the worst houseguest you’ve ever had, and what did they do?
178. When does time seem to pass the fastest for you, and when does it seem to pass the slowest?
179. What fact are you surprised that more people are unaware of?
180. What is your greatest passion, and what do you wish you were more fascinated about?
181. Who have you not seen or spoken to in a long time and hope they are well?
182. If you could choose anyone, living or dead, to lead our country, who would you choose?
183. Which app on your phone do you wish you used more frequently?
184. Who was the most power-crazed individual you’ve ever met?
185. Which world-famous monument do you refuse to visit?
186. What are some indicators that a guy is creepy?
187. Can you recall your very first memory?
188. Which actor or actress is your favorite?
189. What unusual odor do you find particularly appealing?
190. What is something unusual that you think everyone should try at least once?
191. What do you wish you had known when you were younger?
192. What website or app has had the most impact on your life, for better or worse?
193. What is the most egregious waste of money you’ve witnessed?
194. What is it about you that surprises people?
195. What would you wear if you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life?
196. What is the most recent film you’ve seen more than seven times?
197. What always fails you and what never fails you?
198. What is the best thing you could say to a depressed person to cheer them up?
199. As a child, what movie did you watch over and over again?
200. If you could read someone else’s email without them knowing, whose email would you read?
201. What is something about which you completely changed your mind, going from believing one thing to believing the exact opposite?
202. What is the worst characteristic a person can have?
203. Who do you think is the luckiest person you know?
204. What item of clothing have you seen that you wished you could have?
205. What is your best ethically ambiguous life hack?
206. What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
207. What was your best decision ever?
208. What is your favorite ice cream topping?
209. What are your hidden talents?
210. What was your favorite toy as a child?
211. What was the most thoughtful gift you’ve ever given to someone?
212. If your house was on fire, what would you grab?
213. Where are you going on your dream vacation?
214. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And are you still interested in it?
215. If you got stuck in the elevator and were forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?
216. What was your most difficult job?
217. How do you deal with people who irritate you for no apparent reason?
218. What is the meaning of your name?
219. What would you jump into if you could jump into a pool full of something?
220. Where did you get that lovely dress? It looks fantastic on you.
221. From where did you get your hair done? The hairstyle suits you perfectly.
222. Do you study music or are you born with it?
223. What causes you to laugh?
224. What are your long-term goals?
225. Do you have a nickname?
226. What qualities do you find appealing in a person?
227. What are your interests or hobbies?
228. What is your favorite meal or food?
229. Do you want to marry and have children?
230. Have you ever had a dream that kept repeating itself?
231. What is your biggest pet peeve?
232. Do you have any regrets?
233. What does your ideal retirement look like?
234. Which board game is your favorite?
235. What event in your life has had the most impact on you?
236. Which romantic gesture, in your opinion, is overrated?
237. What do you think is an underappreciated small act of kindness?
238. Which makeup look gives you the most confidence?
239. What is the one compliment you always seem to receive?
240. When was the last time you extended a second chance to someone?
241. What do you wish more people knew about you?
242. Do you want to be more like your mother or father when you grow up?
243. Do you have faith in miracles? Have you ever been in one?
244. What minor details do you think you take for granted in our relationship?
245. Which canceled television series do you wish would be revived for one more season?
246. Which 90s show do you wish Netflix would resurrect?
247. What is your most common reason for canceling plans?
248. Would you find it easier to give up your phone or your laptop?
249. What is the worst way for someone to propose, in your opinion?
250. Which color pen do you prefer for writing?
Do you want to get to know a woman better or do you have some questions for a woman you’ve known for a long time? Are you sick of the same old small talk questions? We’ve compiled a list of interesting and engaging questions to ask a girl to assist you. These aren’t your typical questions, and some of them can get quite deep.
These questions will undoubtedly spark an interesting discussion. You can pick and choose which ones you want to ask, or you can ask them all. I added some commentary about how to use each question and some potential directions for the conversation. You have the option of reading the commentary or skipping it. It’s entirely up to you.
These questions are great as stand-alone questions to ask a girl, but for a truly engaging conversation, you should ask her plenty of follow-up questions. You can thank me later if you have a good time! If you’d like to see an image or PDF of our first 50 questions to ask a girl, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
In addition to the questions listed above, there are a few other extra tips you can use to spice up a conversation with a girl. For example, even if she is struggling to answer your questions, always return her smile. Your constant smiles will reassure her and help to dispel any tension in the room.
Maintain eye contact with her throughout the conversation as well. It demonstrates that you are attentive and genuinely interested in her responses. Most importantly, don’t make it appear like a ‘question and answer session in which you drop all questions and simply wait for her to respond. Consider taking turns asking the questions instead.