Wipro Limited is a global Indian company that offers services for information technology, consultancy and business processes. It has its main office in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Wipro split its non-IT businesses in 2013 and founded Wipro Enterprises, a privately held company.
Wipro is an integrated company that provides a wide range of systems, applications, customer care, healthcare, lighting, and infrastructure technology products, solutions, and services. Our passion for quality and our loyalty to customers are driving us. This push has catapulted us among India’s ten most admired businesses. We aim to assume leadership roles in all our companies in the new millennium by continuous creativity and a people-first attitude.
Wipro Limited Company Profile
- Name of Company: Wipro Limited
- Company Type: Public
- Industry of this company: Conglomerate
- Year Company was Founded: 1945
- Founder of this company: Sudipto Halder
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Main Leaders in this company: Rishad Premji (Chairman), Abidali Neemuchwala (CEO)
- Subsidiaries: NA
“Western India Palm Refined Oil Limited Wipro”. It was originally set up under the trade names of Kisan, Sunflower, and Camel as a manufacturer of vegetable and refined oils in Amalner, Maharashtra, British India.
In 1966, after the death of Mohamed Premji, his son Azim Premji took over Wipro at the age of 21 as its chairman.
The business shifted its attention during the 1970s and 1980s to new opportunities in the IT and computing industry, which was at a nascent stage in India at the time. The company’s name changed from Western India Vegetable Products Limited to Wipro Products Limited on 7 June 1977. In 1982, the name, from Wipro Products Limited to Wipro Limited, was changed again. With the launch of Ralak, a Tulsi-based family soap and Wipro Jasmine, a toilet soap, Wipro continued to grow in the consumer goods domain. In 2019, Wipro Consumer Care and Ang-Hortaleza Corporation signed a share purchase agreement for the sale of 100% of the latter’s interest in the Splash Corporation personal care company.
In February 2020, Wipro acquired a Seattle-based digital customer service consultancy, Logical Engagement.
The company announced the launch of its 5G edge services solutions suite developed with software systems from IBM in July 2020.
All Customer Care details of Wipro Limited
- Customer Care Number of Wipro Limited: +91-80-28440011, 46827999, 61427999, 46726000
- Support Email Id of Wipro Limited: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Address of Wipro Limited: Wipro Limited, Doddakannelli, Sarjapur Road, Bengaluru 560035, Karnataka, India
- Facebook Id of Wipro Limited (Can be Used for support): www.facebook.com/WiproLimited
- Twitter Id of Wipro Limited: https://twitter.com/wipro
- Official Site of Wipro Limited: www.wipro.com
- Instagram Account of Wipro Limited: NA
- Youtube Account of Wipro Limited: www.youtube.com/user/Wiprovideos
Wipro Limited is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process outsourcing firm (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO). In order to help our clients adapt to the digital environment and make them profitable, we leverage the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies. We have over 180,000 committed employees serving customers across six continents, an organisation known internationally for its broad range of services, clear dedication to sustainability and good corporate citizenship. Together, in order to create a stronger and brave new future, we discover ideas and connect the dots.
On November 18, 2020, Thierry Delaporte, CEO and MD of Wipro, and members of the Executive Leadership team provided investors and analysts with a strategic plan. Watch the presentations to learn how the ambitious new vision of Wipro can enhance our global leadership, drive creative solutions for our clients, and create shareholder sustainable value.