Founded in 2008 by Pankaj Chaddah and Deepinder Goyal, Zomato is an Indian restaurant aggregator and food delivery start-up. Zomato provides restaurant information, menus, and user reviews, as well as options for food delivery from partner restaurants in select cities. In the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak, Zomato also began delivering food. The service is available in 24 countries and in more than 10,000 towns as of 2019.
Zomato Media Pvt Ltd Company Profile
- Name of Company: Zomato Media Pvt Ltd
- Company Type: Public
- Industry of this company: Online Food Consumer Services
- Year Company was Founded: 2010
- Founder of this company: Deepinder Goyal
- Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana, India
- Main Leaders in this company: Deepinder Goyal (Founder and CEO), Gaurav Gupta (Co-Founder & COO), Mohit Gupta (CEO-Food Delivery business), Gunjan Patidar (Head of Engineering), Akriti Chopra (CFO)
- Subsidiaries: NA
Zomato was established in 2008 as Foodiebay and was renamed Zomato on January 18, 2010, as Zomato Media Pvt. Ltd, ltd. In 2011, Zomato expanded to Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, and Kolkata throughout India. The company expanded its operations in several countries worldwide in 2012, including the United Arab Emirates, Sri Lanka, Qatar, the United Kingdom, the Philippines, and South Africa. In 2013, Zomato was launched with its website and apps available in Turkish, Portuguese, Indonesian, and English languages in New Zealand, Turkey, Brazil, and Indonesia. Zomato launched its services in Portugal in April 2014, which was followed in 2015 by launches in Canada, Lebanon, and Ireland.
In 2019, Zomato acquired Seattle-based food portal Urbanspoon, which led to the firm’s entry into the United States and Australia. With similar models such as Yelp and Foursquare, this U.S.-expansion brought Zomato into direct competition.
Zomato also launched zomato.xxx, a site devoted to food porn, with the introduction of .xxx domains in 2011. In May 2012, in collaboration with Citibank, it launched a printed version of the website called “Citibank Zomato Restaurant Guide,” but it has since been discontinued.
Zomato announced plans to introduce Zomato Infrastructure services in February 2017, a service to help restaurants expand their presence without incurring any fixed costs. In September 2017, in all 24 countries where it operated and introduced a “turned profitable” for partner restaurants, Zomato claimed the company had a “zero-commission model” Zomato stopped accepting updates from its active users towards the end of 2017, by not using moderators to verify and make updates. App users reported problems with new features that pay for orders.
All Customer Care details of Zomato Media Pvt Ltd
- Customer Care Number of Zomato Media Pvt Ltd: +91-11-30806376
- Support Email Id of Zomato Media Pvt Ltd: email@example.com
- Office Address of Zomato Media Pvt Ltd: 139 P, Sector 44, Gurgaon 122003, Haryana, India
- Facebook Id of Zomato Media Pvt Ltd (Can be Used for support): www.facebook.com/zomato
- Twitter Id of Zomato Media Pvt Ltd: https://twitter.com/zomato
- Official Site of Zomato Media Pvt Ltd: www.zomato.com/india
- Instagram Account of Zomato Media Pvt Ltd: www.instagram.com/zomato
- Youtube Account of Zomato Media Pvt Ltd: www.youtube.com/channel/UCD7kbZQyYIR6RgJQYW9w0Tg
Zomato fired nearly 10 percent of its workforce (540 people) in September 2019, tending to back-end activities such as customer service, merchant and delivery partner support functions. Due to the increasing demand for online groceries in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Zomato launched its Zomato Market grocery delivery services in 80+ cities across India in April 2020.
To get ready for a post-lockdown world, Zomato introduced Contactless Dining in April 2020. Through this initiative, by eliminating the use of high-touch elements such as the menu, ordering, and bill payments via bar codes or the app while the employees are wearing masks, the company aims to minimize customer contact with anything that someone else might have touched.
Zomato further laid off 520 employees in May 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite the increase in demand for food delivery services from restaurants and takeaways, the nominal reasoning of Zomato for the need for cuts is that coronavirus will be followed by an economic downturn that could hit orders.
In August 2020, Zomato praised the introduction of a period leave policy, allowing female staff to take up to 10 days off per year if they are unable to work because of the health effects of the menstrual cycle. The policy is also applicable to transgender employees.