One of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India is Canara Bank Limited. It has its head office in Bengaluru. Ammembal Subba Rao Pai Founded in it Mangalore in 1906 and the Govt. nationalized the bank later in 1969. The bank also has offices abroad in London, Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Dubai, Tanzania, and New York. Manipal-based Syndicate Bank merged with Canara bank on 1 April 2020, making it the fourth-largest bank in the world, according to the announcement made by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 30 August 2019.
Canara Bank Company Profile
- Name of Company: Canara Bank
- Company Type: Public
- Industry of this company: Banking Financial Services
- Year Company was Founded: 1906
- Founder of this company: Mr. Ammembal Subba Rao Pai.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Main Leaders in this company: Mr. Lingam Venkat Prabhaka (MD & CEO), Mr. T. N. Manoharan (Chairman)
- Subsidiaries: Canfin Homes Limited (CFHL), Canbank Factors Limited, Canbank Venture Capital Fund Limited, Canbank Computer Services Limited, Canara Bank Securities, Limite Canara Robeco Asset Management Company Limited, Canbank Financial Services Limited, Canara HSBC Oriental Life Insurance Company Limited.
The Canara Hindu Permanent Fund was founded in Mangalore, India, on 1 July 1906 by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai, a philanthropist. In 1910, when it was incorporated, the bank changed its name to Canara Bank Limited.
The first acquisition of Canara Bank took place in 1961 when the Bank of Kerala was purchased. It was founded in September 1944 and had three branches at the time of its acquisition on 20 May 1961. Seasia Midland Bank (Alleppey), which was founded on 26 July 1930 and had seven branches at the time of its acquisition, was the second bank acquired by Canara Bank.
Canara Bank was directed by the Reserve Bank of India in 1958 to acquire G. Bank of Raghumathmul, in Hyderabad. This bank was established in 1870, and in 1925 it was sold to a limited company. At the time of the takeover, G. There were five branches of Raghumathmul Bank. The merger took place in 1961. Trivandrum Permanent Bank was absorbed by Canara Bank later in 1961. It was formed on 7 February 1899 and had 14 branches at the time of the merger,
All Customer Care details of Canara Bank
- Customer Care Number of Canara Bank: 1800-425-0018 Toll-Free for customer services, Missed call service ( for account balance +91-9015483483) ( to enquirers last five transactions in English +91-9015734734) (to Inquires the last five Transactions in Hindi +91-9015613613) ( For Home loan inquiry +91-9015637637) (For Car loan inquiry +91-9015642642) (home loan for HNI customers +91-9015257257) (Home loan for NRI customers +91-9015778668)
- Support Email Id of Canara Bank: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Address of Canara Bank: No.112, Jc Road, Bangalore-560002, Karnataka, India
- Facebook Id of Canara Bank (Can be Used for support): www.facebook.com/canarabank
- Twitter Id of Canara Bank: https://twitter.com/canarabank
- Official Site of Canara Bank: www.canarabank.com
- Instagram Account of Canara Bank: www.instagram.com/canarabankinsta
- Youtube Account of Canara Bank: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDwYBs7MvNWyWLBPMoi8-w
Next, in 1963, Canara Bank acquired four banks: the Vilasam Bank of Sree Poornathrayeesa, Thrippunithura, Arnad Bank, Tiruchirapalli, Cochin Commercial Bank, Cochin, and Madurai Pandyan Bank. On 21 February 1923, Sree Poornathrayeesa Vilasam Bank was founded and it had 14 branches at the time of its acquisition. Arnad Bank was established on 23 December 1942 and had only one branch at the time of its acquisition. On 3 January 1936, Cochin Commercial Bank was founded and had 13 branches at the time of its acquisition.
On 19 July 1969, along with 13 other major Indian commercial banks, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Lakshmi Commercial Bank was acquired by Canara Bank in a rescue. This brought over 230 branches in northern India to Canara Bank. Over the years, with as many as ten subsidiaries/sponsored institutions/joint ventures in India and abroad, the Bank has scaled up its market presence to emerge as a major ‘Financial Conglomerate.’ As of December 2020, through a network of 10491 branches and 12973 ATMs spread across all Indian states and Union Territories, the Amalgamated Canara Bank services over 10.90 crore customers.
The Bank has also struck a distinctive mark not only in commercial banking, but also in various corporate social responsibilities, namely serving national objectives, fostering rural growth, improving rural self-employment through a range of training institutes, and spearheading the objective of financial inclusion. In reality, the Bank’s founding principles are profoundly rooted in the pursuit of an inclusive growth strategy, which has been developed as the fundamental plank of the national policy agenda today. “A good bank is not only the financial heart of the community but also one with an obligation of helping in every possible manner to improve the economic conditions of the common people” And now, in serving society with meaning, these profound words of our creator continue to resonate. In its first century, Canara Bank’s growth story was attributed, among other things, to the continued patronage of its respected clients, stakeholders, dedicated employees, and unusual leadership capacity displayed at the helm of affairs by its leaders. We strongly believe that not only in serving the country but also in helping the Bank emerge as a “Preferred Bank” by following global benchmarks in profitability, operational performance, asset quality, risk management, and expanding global scope, the next century will be equally rewarding and eventful.